So it’s time to consider what I want to get from this project;
- I want to use up my cosmetics and clothing so that I have space for my stuff.
- I want to spend mindfully, so that I can afford what I need/want and don’t end up wasting money on lots of small things.
- I want to give back to my community.
- I want to write more, take more photos and purchase a better camera.
- I want to log which products and clothing I like to wear and use, and what makes me feel good about myself so that I can repurchase.
- I want to understand my emotional baggage around spending money on my appearance better.
So the task is;
- No spending. I will divert my monthly (estimated average) cosmetics and clothing spend to a donation to the local homeless shelter.
- Mindful purchases. At the end of the tax year I’ll use the tax credits from the donations to buy a DSLR.
- Reviewing my products on my blog, writing about what I like and what I don’t and why.
- Meaningful donations and pay it forward, where I will give away some of my stuff to people who will enjoy it more.
That’s the task. Not so hard when it just looks like a list but no resolution seems that hard on the 4th of January!