I have been reading with great interest the reviews on the latest Benefit eyeliner and finally snagged a little mini sample liner to tryout. For real it’s small though – 0.1g.
It has the standard accuflex tip that allows a nice smooth line and makes the gel portable. I am naturally blessed with oily eyelids so was intrigued by the claims;
24-hour* & waterproof
91% said it was longwearing*
88% said it hugged the lashline*
84% said eyes looked visibly larger*
It is a very long wearing eyeliner – I found I was only missing the ‘flicks’ of my cateye by the end of the day.It is very easy to get a lovely black line on the hand but a little trickier on the eye especially with the itsy pen end.
To be honest, it wasn’t as black as I hoped but is a nice true black shade. I couldn’t get it right into the eyelash line as the tip doesn’t give you quite as much flexibility as a brush. I also have thick eyelashes so it does take a bit more work to get eyeliner right in close. (I like a close thin line as I have hooded eyes.
On the plus side
- very waterproof and a nice black shade
- you won’t have to clean it like brushes, and
- it is much handier for any on the go touch ups (ie wanting to boost your makeup at work for after dinner drinks)
- relatively expensive for a small amount of product
- hard to get into the eyelash line and adjust how the product applies
- only available in one colour