I bought some of these super cute cat nail stickers from ASOS in the latest sale. I was utterly in love when I got them, and then very sad when I went to use them.
The designs are adorable but the stickers are really quite thick by nail sticker standards. They stick out quick a bit and stay relatively flat and do not want to cling to the nail bed at all. They lasted 12 hours which really isn’t enough when they stick into the nail polish and take off patches when they come off.
It may be that my nail beds are particularly curvy, especially my pinky nail but these just don’t work for me alas.
I am 3 days late posting this and I’m still in November so I’m happy to say that the November Bellabox was totally on time.
The contents are pretty good as well
- NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk – these are quite a standard but really handy to have around
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR 10ml. It’s a very shimmery golden oil. Personally I’d limit it to places where I wanted a body highlight as I think you end up looking a little “Kim Kardashian’s butt”-esque, but each to their own. It’s lovely as hair oil but that’s obviously a hard swatch to show.
- A sampler of coastal scents eyeshadows. The mattes are a bit meh but the mushroom shimmer is a real winner and the silver shimmer would be useful too.
- A sample of some new Wella hair oil. Only 2ml which alas doesn’t do much over my mop
- A sample of some new Palmer cocoa butter facial oil. Smells nice, not sure how much its doing for my face.
- A compeed blister pad. Which I’m sure will be useful but is a little out of theme?
Feel like joining up? This is my referrer link.
For the last Priceline 40% off cosmetics sale I gave myself a $50 budget and told myself I had to get some gifts with the hauling. I ended up with;
- Essence Superfine liquid eyeliner pen
- Velourlips in Grandmaster Pash (backup/maybe a giveaway?)
- Velourlips in NY-Cee (backup/maybe a giveaway?)
- Velourlips in HON-O-LOO-LOO – I really wanted ho-chi-min but it was gone. I’m hoping I can swapsy 😦
- Velourlips – Rhi-Rhi-Wind – this is the other limited edition velourlips I wanted with the metallic shimmer
- Savvy Ultra Matte in Miss Monroe – I kind of want to see how these look compared to the velourlips which as you can see I am addicted to
- Finishing mist by Australis – I know this won’t be as good as the UD All nighter spray but I want to see how it holds up as summer approaches.
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner – a friend as just permanently swapped out her MAC Fluidline for this so wanted to try it.
What’s your advice – what should I keep and what should I giveaway 🙂
That’s not entirely true, because the Look Fantastic beauty box isn’t one that you have to subscribe to – you just buy the ones you want. It’s 15 pounds include international shipping which is quite a bargain compared to the normal beauty boxes we have available in Australia I think. The October box arrived for me on November 20th and included
- a 30ml sample of Eve Lom cleanser
- a 15ml sample of Youth Mud Mask by Glam Glow
- Hand Chemistry Intense Youth Complex 15ml
- Nuxe Nuxellence Jeunesse 15ml
- Monu Soothing Touch Recovery Balm 30ml
- CID crayon full size
ps – It also came with a 10 pounds off a coggles order with I won’t use, so if any wants it this is the code.
I’m a long term fan of Benetint, even when I’m wearing ‘no makeup’ I’m usually wearing a swipe of Benetint. But I had heard that posietint was a more natural version of the same colour, so when I saw a little pack of posie tint and highbeam on the benefit site I thought it might be neat to try them next to each other. (Highbeam is a throw-out after 6 month item which sucks because the full size bottle lasts forever for me, I mix using it with 2 other illuminators).
Also the fullsize bottle is a cool $45 at Myer so I’m not looking to throw them out with product still in them!
Awwww, Benetint has a little sister. It’s a 1/3 size bottle.
Benetint at top, posietint at bottom. They have distinctly different texture, benetint soaks in quickly and is utterly liquid and posietint is a little more gel like (although still quite liquid)
In the final wash, benetint is a little harder to blend and work with but gives a more natural blush where poisietint looks more distinctly pink.
This is such an earworm for me. It’s my PER-rog-gative, itsmyprgotivvvvve. The colour is a copper-y orange shimmer, very similar in shade to Sprung but a lighter shimmer.
This is from the OPI europe collection. It’s a really nice warm fall colour and an easy to work with formula.
I received my copy of the “The parcel” Spring edit review last week. They shipped by a courier company who seems to have us in some sort of black spot so I seemed to get it a week after everyone else.
- an OPI polish in Amazon-Amazoff which is a super pretty blue-green creme from the Brazil collection. Oddly they advertised a polish from the Gwen Stefani collection and that’s what everyone else got but it’s all good as it’s a lovely shade.
- A Revlon moisture stain which is so lovely to wear. Its in a bright pink but settles back to a wearable pink and is not drying at all. The name is very unfortunate though. Ughh.
- Another set of the new pantene shampoo and conditioner making it 5 received in total this month. I get it, I’ll try it.
- A small L’Oreal elnet hairspray. I don’t really use hair spray but it seems nice.
- A deluxe sample of Benefit They’re Real mascara which is great because I love deluxe mascara samples, they are basically the exact right size to use up in 3 months. Also a fiddly little deluxe sample of the They’re Real push up liner. I’ve reviewed that already here.
- A sample of L’Oreal visionnaire. I like it as a serum but it does seem to make my skin a little sensitive if I wear it day and night.
I’m pretty happy with the box, the top items 2 are things I would but and justify the price tag. The others are nice extras.
I’m signing up for the year. Did you get ‘the parcel’? Anyone else get a non-Gwen Stefani collection polish???
Australis have bought out some new velourlips in a limited addition metallic and I’m utterly obsessed with Grandmaster Pash. It’s a deep pink brown and has a slightly retro 90’s brown lipstick vibe with the addition of metallic. It takes the NARS Rodarte lips (which lets just take a moment to admire… sigh, so pretty on top models)…..
…. and makes them wearable, and has the amazing pigmentation and lasting power of the velourlips line.
I paid $9.95 for 10mls (full price) and I’ll be going back for a back up. The only real downisde is the fruity scent but I can live with that for these lips.