I love my convertible colour in Kitten, so I was pretty excited to see this little 3 pack of convertible colours for sale at Sephora. The colours are tulip, peony and camelia.The texture wasn’t quite what I was expecting from a cream blush, but sits more in the gloss/wash category or opacity which does make it much easier to blend. The pots are very small at 2g, but this is a good travel size if you head out with a clutch or small bag.
Tulip is a deep pink which is very pretty, but on my pale skin you’d need to use a light touch to avoid looking clown like. Peony is a surprise package as the package looks lilac but turns out to be a natural looking peach. Camelia is a lighter pink, approaching a nude on my skin. Camelia and Peony both have a slight shimer while Tulip is a clear colour with no shimmer.
I was doing some very important work chatting about Game of Thrones with my cousin the other night (so, do you think Daenerys is about to GO UTTERLY MAD or what?). We mentioned that the Ironborn seem oddly missing – well apart from Theon’s ill fated raid on Winterfell. It’s a little sad because I assume that they discuss the broad brushstrokes of where the stories are all going with GRRM before they write the scripts and presumably that means that the Ironborn don’t have a major part to play going forward.
Anyway, I have worked on a little Ironborn tribute mani. It has a squid decal on a background of Mysterious Icon by L’Oreal which is a bronzy gold shimmer. They I did some little golden glitter sprinkles at the top, as let’s be honest I’m not the one to pay the iron price.
It could probably do with a lighter colour under the decal but I kind of like it anyway.
This is a NOTD with Jo’Mina by Illamasqua on all fingers. I’ve used a single coat of Prism over it on the thumb which lightens the colour a little and adds a lovely blue sheen then included a chevron on 3 coats on the index finger. That hasn’t come off as well, as the 3 coats have made it much more ‘textural’ than I would have liked. Oh well.
This is a quick NOTD using the L’Oreal 24 Carat over Ulta 3 Cloud Nine. The L’Oreal top coat is one of the little goodies from the Priceline goody bag. It’s a simple fine gold glitter top, but nice and sparkly and dries quickly without messing up the undercoat.
I splashed out and spent up to get the recent priceline goody bag. I ended up buying
- the revlon eye art pen in a brown-gold shade (30% off)
- 2 rimmel apopoalips one matte and one standard (30% off)
- a rimmel powder in matte
- a sally hansen polish in oyster
- a l’oreal polish in mystery icon
The goodybag has
- a revlon colourburst lip crayon in Flirtatious
- a model prefer lip crayon in Pink Crayon
- a nail rock nailpolish in a red glitter
- a sally hansen polish in pink called flame on
- a natio polish in pink called wonder
- innoxa tinted moisturiser in buttermilk
- L’oreal polishes in 24 carat and a purple
- L’oreal primer sample
- savvy clear brow gel
- a glam manicure nail art set. It’s in bright pink (“popping pink”) alas, but I’ll give a shot!
- essie polish in fifth avenue red. I thought I had this polish but maybe I gave it away. It’s a bright orangey red.
- an ecotool smooshy bath sponge. I love these and they get gross so quickly so yay.
Did you pick up the priceline bag? It’s a great haul for $66!