For the last Priceline 40% off cosmetics sale I gave myself a $50 budget and told myself I had to get some gifts with the hauling. I ended up with;
- Essence Superfine liquid eyeliner pen
- Velourlips in Grandmaster Pash (backup/maybe a giveaway?)
- Velourlips in NY-Cee (backup/maybe a giveaway?)
- Velourlips in HON-O-LOO-LOO – I really wanted ho-chi-min but it was gone. I’m hoping I can swapsy 😦
- Velourlips – Rhi-Rhi-Wind – this is the other limited edition velourlips I wanted with the metallic shimmer
- Savvy Ultra Matte in Miss Monroe – I kind of want to see how these look compared to the velourlips which as you can see I am addicted to
- Finishing mist by Australis – I know this won’t be as good as the UD All nighter spray but I want to see how it holds up as summer approaches.
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner – a friend as just permanently swapped out her MAC Fluidline for this so wanted to try it.
What’s your advice – what should I keep and what should I giveaway 🙂
Another gift-with-purchase option is the Priceline Australia tote bag. With a $60 purchase you can get this bag –
- 2 set of false lashes
- An ombre nail polish set
- Some Sally Hansen polish
- Maybelline BB cream
- Rimmel Match foundation
- A lipbalmstain chubby crayon thing from Models Prefer
- Revlon lip butter
- Redness correcting concealer (?Physians Formula brand I think)
- some nail polish removing wipes
- Nude by Nature Illuminator
- Liquid eyeliner
- Pencil eyeliner
I do mock these tote bags but do donate them to your local shelter they are very useful for folks in a hostel you need to use communal bathrooms.
Now the nice thing about the priceline deal is you can double up deals and mix brands. Some ideas include;
So basically you can get a stack of drugstore makeup for you or mum for not too much….
Anyway you don’t get to choose colours but it’s a good haul of stuff.
I have been taking the L’Oreal Matte Top coat for a spin (so to speak) and I’m quite impressed. It dries quickly, dries to a good matte finish and has a nice easy to use brush for a mini bottle. The price is *comparatively* not that great at $6.95 for a mini but the mini does stop it all from drying up before you are finished which can be an issue with special top coats for me. I picked it up at the 40% off priceline sale (so paid 415 ish) and I’ll definitely get a new one once I get through this one esp at that price.
Not sure why Designer Brands has this “Savvy by DB” brand in some places. Is that the younger brand perhaps? Anyway this is a highlighter I picked up in the recent Priceline 40% off cosmetics deal. They are calling it “Heavenly Highlights Cheek Balm” and it was in the $3 bin (so $1.80 whee!!!). Its a champagne coloured highlighter which I love, I know the trend is for cheek colored rose-gold highlighters but I like to use highlighters on the brow-bone and around the eyes in a “C” shape, across the forehead and down the nose so prefer them a little lighter. This fits the bill, is easy to blend and packs a lot of pigment punch for the price. It’s also nice and travel friendly unlike some other *cough*highbeam*cough* illuminators. Def worth doing some bin diving for aussie beauty bloggers!
I’ll do a comparison post with some other illuminators tomorrow 🙂